WHAT IS PUPIL PREMIUM?
The Pupil Premium gives schools extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from reception to year 11. Students are identified are being disadvantaged if they are classed as having or have had in the last 6 years
- a deprived background ( identified if you qualify or have qualified in the last 6 years for free school meals)
- those who have been looked after (by a local authority) for more than six months
- children whose parent(s) are, or have since 2011, served in the armed forces
Countesthorpe Community College receives £935 per disadvantaged pupil or £1,900 for each student who has been looked after for 1 day or more.
- has been adopted from care
- has left care under:
- a special guardianship order
- a residence order
- a child arrangement order
If your child is in receipt of Pupil premium Grant, the College will provide financial help with the following:
- College approved revision and text books (supplied through the College)
- Official Countesthorpe College PE kit
- Official College hair and beauty tunics
- Construction boots and overalls (supplied through the College)
- Art equipment (supplied through the College)
- Maths equipment (supplied through the College)
- Educational trips (either part or fully funded as indicated on the letter sent to parents about the trip)
Your child should discuss provision of any of these with their subject teachers or tutor. If you have already purchased any of these and can provide proof of this to the relevant department, refunds can normally be made.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY CHILD TO RECEIVE THIS EXTRA FUNDING?
Children adopted from care/have left care
The Government will provide funding for children adopted from care and children who have left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30th December 2005. The funding also includes children who left care under a Residence Order on or after 14th October 1991. If this relates to your family, please inform the College immediately. Supporting evidence, for example the Adoption (Court) Order, will need to be provided. The College will deal with the information in a sensitive manner and all information will remain confidential.
Free School Meals
Your child will be eligible for Pupil Premium Grant if they are in receipt of free school meals.
If you feel your child may be entitled to free school meals they may also be entitled to further support.
Students whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces
If you or your partner are currently serving in the Armed Forces, Personnel Category 1 or 2, please contact the College to let us know as soon as possible as this will allow us to claim Pupil Premium Grant for your child.