Student Guide to Exams
A short guide for students about how exams at Countesthorpe Academy work
Exams Results Days
GCSE Results Day 2023 (Year 11)
When: Thursday 24th August. 8am – 9am.
Where: Sports Hall (enter through side gate)
A-Level Results Day 2023 (Year 13 and Year 12 EPQ Students)
When? Thursday 17th August. 8am – 9am.
Where? Sports Hall (enter through side gate).
Collection of Results
Students who are away for results day can ask a friend or relative to collect their results for them. They need to bring a note signed by the person who is receiving the results so they can be collected on their behalf. Alternatively, a stamped, self-addressed envelope can be left at reception and results can be posted to students.
Exams Contingency Day
The exam boards have set aside three dates this year as contingency days, in the event they have to make an essential change to the exam timetable that cannot be accommodated earlier. However, a postponed exam could be arranged for any day in the exam period.
This means that all exam candidates must be available to sit exams from the date of their first exam until the date of their last exam AND also these three dates. This decision is not a school decision and applies to all students in all schools nationally.
- Thursday 6th June 2024
- Thursday 13th June 2024
- Wednesday 26th June 2024
GCSE and A-Level Certificate Collection
Summer 2023 GCSE and GCE Exam Certificates are now available to collect from Countesthorpe Academy Reception.
If you are unable to collect your certificates in person you will need to give a letter of authority to the person collecting them on your behalf.
- Monday - 8.00 am – 3.30pm
- Tuesday – Friday - 8.00 am – 4.00pm
Post Results Service
Following the publication of results for each examination series, the Exam Boards offer a post-results services relating to Reviews of Results (RoRs) and Access to Examination Scripts. These are:
- Clerical re-checks - This is a re-check of all clerical procedures leading to the issue of a result.
- Reviews of marking - a review of the original marking to ensure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly
- Access to scripts – an electronic version of the script, either as a priority or non-priority service
Details of the services offered, deadlines and fees for these services as well as information on how you can request a post results service will be given out with results on results day.
- Malpractice Policy 2023-24
- Exams Post Results Service Procedure 2023-24
- Exams Assessor Requirements for Access Arrangements Policy 2023-24
- Emergency evacuation policy 2023-24
- Countesthorpe Academy Whistleblowing Policy - Exams 2023-24
- Non Examination Assessment Policy 2023-24
- Exams Word-processor policy 2023 -24
- Exams Internal appeals procedures 2023-24
- Equalities Policy Exams Focus 2023- 24
- Data protection policy Exams 2023-24 Complaints Policy 2023-24
- Information for Candidates -NEA Assessments 2023-24
- Information for Candidates - Written Examinations 2023-24
- Information for Candidates - JCQ-Preparing-to-sit-your-exams-2023-24
- Information for Candidates - Unauthorised Materials Poster
- Information for Candidates -On-Screen Examinations 2023-24
- Information for Candidates -Coursework_Assessments - 2023-24
- Information for Candidates - JCQ-Social-Media-Infographic 2023-24
- Information for Candidates- Warning-to-Candidates poster
- Information-for-candidates-Privacy-Notice 2023-24