Student Guide to Exams
A short guide for students about how exams at Countesthorpe Academy work
Exams Contingency Day
The exam boards have set aside three dates this year as contingency days, in the event they have to make an essential change to the exam timetable that cannot be accommodated earlier. However, a postponed exam could be arranged for any day in the exam period.
This means that all exam candidates must be available to sit exams from the date of their first exam until the date of their last exam AND also these three dates. This decision is not a school decision and applies to all students in all schools nationally.
- Thursday 8th June 2023
- Thursday 15th June 2023
- Wednesday 28th June 2023
GCSE and A-Level Certificate Collection
Summer 2021 GCSE and GCE Exam Certificates are now available to collect from Countesthorpe Academy Reception.
If you are unable to collect your certificates in person you will need to give a letter of authority to the person collecting them on your behalf.
- Monday to Thursday - 8:00am until 4:00pm
- Friday - 8:00am until 3:30pm
Post Results Service
Following the publication of results for each examination series, the Exam Boards offer a post-results services relating to Reviews of Results (RoRs) and Access to Examination Scripts. These are:
- Clerical re-checks - This is a re-check of all clerical procedures leading to the issue of a result.
- Reviews of marking - a review of the original marking to ensure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly
- Access to scripts – an electronic version of the script, either as a priority or non-priority service
Details of the services offered, deadlines and fees for these services as well as information on how you can request a post results service will be given out with results on results day.
- Exams Assessor Requirements for Access Arrangements Policy 2022-23
- Exams Complaints and Appeals Procedure - Exams focus 2022 - 2023
- Exams Internal appeals procedures 2022-23
- Exams Post Results Service Procedure 2022-23
- Equalities Policy Exams Focus 2022- 2023
- Emergency evacuation policy 2022-23