Countesthorpe Leysland Community College recognises the importance of ICT in education and the needs of students to access the computing facilities. So that students can use our range of ICT facilities, we require all students to sign an access agreement before they receive their username and password. This agreement also covers use of the Internet and email.
These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only use the school’s computers for appropriate school activities and learning and am aware that the school can monitor my internet use.
- I will not bring files into school that can harm the school network or be used to circumvent College security tools
- I will only edit or delete my own files and not view, or change, other people’s files or user areas without their permission.
- I will keep my logins, IDs and passwords secret and change my password regularly.
- I will use the Internet responsibly and will not visit web sites that are inappropriate for the school or my key stage.
- I will only e-mail or contact people I know, or those approved as part of learning activities
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible. All messages I send reflect on me and the school.
- I will be careful when opening files and attachments, checking for viruses etc. If I am unsure I will never open a file.
- I will not give my personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends on any online space.
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet or by email or in a chat room / social media site.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message that makes me feel uncomfortable, I will not respond to it and talk to a teacher.
- I am aware that some websites, games and social networks have age restrictions and I should respect this.
- I am aware that my online activity at all times should not upset or hurt other people and that I should not put myself at risk.
- I will receive an allocation of printer credits every half term from the College
- I will pay for malicious damage I cause to ICT equipment and systems
- If I connect my own device to the College network I agree that the same rules above will apply
Students failing to follow these guidelines can expect an escalating scale of penalties, including permanent loss of access regardless of the study requirements of the student.