We are now beginning our fourth week of the term and students are settling in well. It has been lovely to see students return to a much more normal start to the year.
Our students have made an extremely positive start and it has been delightful to see their enthusiasm at being back in school. We are really proud of the way in which they have embraced the start of the year and the positive approach they are taking. Thank you for all your support in ensuring students have come back ready for an exciting year ahead.
As we settle into this year, I wanted to remind you of a few important messages:-
Control measures in places at Countesthorpe Academy
As we have done throughout the pandemic, at Countesthorpe Academy, we will continue to follow the government guidance for schools. Whilst there is no longer a specific requirement to have in place the control measure we had in place last year, we recognise that the virus is still very much in circulation and as such want to keep our students as safe as we possibly can.
The guidance for schools places emphasis on regular cleaning, good hygiene and ventilation of spaces which is now embedded into our practice and we will of course continue with.
In addition to this, in school we have decided to retain:-
- The one-way system
- Staggered break and lunch times
- Allowing students into tutor rooms from 8:35am to reduce students mixing before school
- Year group bases and zones for before school, registration time and break and lunch times
- Multiple entry points on arrival to school. Year 7 & 8 enter through Sports Hall gates, Years 9,10 and 11 through the main gates and the Sixth Form through reception
- On line parents evenings
- Lateral Flow Tests at home until further notice
- We are also encouraging social distancing wherever possible.
We still have in place a Risk Mitigation Plan which now encompasses an Outbreak Management Plan. Should we need to step up our measures, we can do so at very short notice and must be prepared to do this as and when is appropriate depending on case numbers within school and the local area.
We all need to be mindful that the virus is still prevalent and will work closely with Public Health England to take the correct action should we need to.
Lateral Flow Testing
Can I please ask that you continue to support your child in completing the Lateral Flow Tests on a Wednesday and Sunday. Results must be registered with
- The NHS https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- And with us at school https://bit.ly/3bYMjfD
- A positive test will require a further PCR test
- If the PCR test is also positive you should inform us immediately on email@example.com
Parking on site
For the safety of our students, could I please remind parents only to drive onto site if absolutely essential. The end of the school day is particularly busy, and the site can become congested very quickly with too many cars on site. We hold the traffic to allow our students to depart the school site safely. The less cars that are on site, the safer it is for our students.
Update on uniform delivery
Thank you for your patience in awaiting the delivery of new uniform. I appreciate the delay has been very frustrating for some parents. The uniform supplier has confirmed that:-
- A stock of ties will arrive this week
- All outstanding uniform order will arrive by 24th September.
Up and coming events
Finally a reminder that we have two important events over the next few weeks:-
- Thursday 16th September is our Academy Open Evening for students wishing to join the school in September 2022. We are also extending this invite to current Year 7 parents who have not yet had the opportunity to visit the school due to the restrictions that were in place last year.
- Thursday 23rd September is a Tutor evening (virtual) - this is an opportunity for you to meet your child’s tutor through an online appointment.
Thank you again for all your support in helping with a smooth start to the year.