On Wednesday 18th March 2020 the Prime Minister announced that although schools were closing from Monday 23rd March 2020 onwards for the vast majority of pupils, we will remain open for the children of key workers and vulnerable students.
We are still awaiting the official list of who the key workers are, but the ones listed below are those that have been agreed across the East Midlands. To help reduce transmission, and hence protect the elderly and vulnerable, could we please ask that you do not request childcare if you can manage without it. For instance, if you have a partner who can work from home or other alternatives then please can you use this.
If you do fall into one of the categories below then please can you complete this form (http://bit.ly/2WlluMM) and tell us whether you intend to use the provision. If you completed the form earlier in the week you do not need to re-do it.
Once we know the numbers of students we will be providing for, we will send further information to you.
Current list of Key Workers:
- NHS staff
- Teachers and support school
- SEND staff
- Police and community support officers
- Frontline civilian police staff
- Prison officers and staff
- Probation officers and trainee prob officers
- LA officers and LA/ NHS social workers
- Uniformed staff in fire and rescue services
- Armed forces personnel and some civilian MOD personnel (i.e. clinical staff, MOD police, uniformed fire and defence) and some discharged personnel
- Highway agency traffic staff
- LA environmental health officers/practitioners
- Care workers
- Food/supermarket drivers and other workers
- Foster carers
- Staff who maintain critical infrastructure
- Drivers for school children
- Back office staff supporting critical services
- Emergency planning and resilience partnership staff
Mrs C. Aitcheson