Happy New Year! I hope you have all had a peaceful and enjoyable holiday and have made the most of the Christmas break.
As we are now getting closer to the start of the Spring Term, here are just a few reminders to ensure a smooth return to college.
- All students return to college on Monday 7thJanuary.
- Students were issued with new timetables at the end of last term. Please could you give your child a gentle reminder to ensure they have it when they return to college.
- We know that students will have had some lovely presents for Christmas and might want to bring them into college. Please remember we do not advise students bring valuables into college as we are not responsible for any loss or damage to them.
- Please ensure uniform is correct. All students must have a tie and lanyard. Skater skirts are banned. Facial piercings are banned. Smart watches are banned. See our uniform policy for full details.
- Could I remind parents that College is open from 8:00am. Students should not be on site before 8:00am as they will not be supervised. All students should be on site by 8:25am.
- If you are dropping off or picking up your child, please do not park in the bus lanes as it causes a danger to students who are arriving on buses.
Lunchtime arrangements for the Spring Term 2019
We have reviewed our lunchtime arrangements so we can better utilise our indoor and outdoor spaces for students. During the Summer Term, and for most of the Autumn Term, we encourage our students to make use of the fields at lunchtime to play football, or just to make to most of the good weather. However, during the months of January, February and March, we cannot use the fields, which means we have more students in less space.
In order to make lunchtime better for students, during the Spring Term, where we have less access to outdoor facilities, we have decided to trial reducing lunchtime by 5 minutes. To compensate for this we will be adding 5 minutes onto breaktime. We recognise that many of our students enjoy eating at breaktime and having a snack at lunch, so these new times will allow more students the opportunity to purchase and eat their food.
In addition to this year groups are now allocated to specific parts of the college for lunchtime. Years 8 and 10 are based at the Leysland building for lunch, and Years 7, 9 and 11 are based at the Countesthorpe building. We successfully trialed this at the end of last term with good results. Overall, this means we can better predict number of students who will require food and cater accordingly.
Timings of the School Day - Spring Term
|8:30 and Assembly||Registration|
|8:45 - 8:50||Movement|
|8:50 - 9:50||Period 1|
|9:50 - 9:55||Movement|
|9:55 - 10:55||Period 2|
|10:55 - 11:20||Break|
|11:20 - 12:20||Period 3|
|12:20 - 12:25||Movement|
|12:25 - 13:25||Period 4|
|13:25 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:00||Period 5|
Thank you in advance for your support in ensuring the start of term is successful.