Year 9 and 10 exams are starting on 30th April 2018. For some students this will be their first experience in a large examination setting. It can be a daunting experience but form tutors and subject teachers are on hand to help! Here are some top tips for students preparing for assessments.
- Know what you will be tested on. Ask your teacher for guidance on what the assessment is on.
- Use past papers and even mark your own work with the mark scheme. This will help you to see what the examiner is looking for.
- Plan activities such as mind maps, cue cards, make quizzes. Again ask your teacher for support if you need some ideas of how to revise.
- Stick to your plan and reward yourself! Build in time away from studying to give yourself a break.
- Plan in where the tests will be so that you are revising for each subject as an appropriate time.
- Use your revision guides to help you.
And finally… don’t put it off. It is important to start early so that you don’t get stressed and worried.
Remember that your teachers are here to support you, ask us for help!